Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Repurposed Oatmeal Can

I love buying things in bulk, but then there's the ever challenging question on what to do with the rest of it once you open it. I used about 1/2 cup out of this 4 pound bag of pintos. Sooo, upon digging around in my laundry/storage/back room, I found an empty oatmeal container. (I am becoming my mother in that I have a problem throwing containers away. Just last night, I took dinner to our missionaries in two cool whip containers.) Anyhoo, it looked like a perfect fit for my beans.

I have recently become enamored with Mod Podge. I have been seeing it being used all over and it is really cool stuff! So with two pieces of scrapbook paper and my crazy glue, I fixed up this canister. I also dusted off my stamps and made a label.
Who cares that it will just be sitting in my back room where no one will see my handywork. I won't ever get it confused with quick oats!

1 comment:

  1. woo hoo I am the first to comment! I rhink we know who your biggest follower will be! I can't wait for more posts :)

    ReplyDelete